THE WORLD OF SCALE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is the forum for enthusiasts of scale modeling hobby. Any media (plastic, paper, wood etc.) and any topic (armor, aircraft, ships or figures) are welcome. One big community for scale modelers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My mini diorama with snow.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vorobey

My mini diorama with snow. Empty
PostSubject: My mini diorama with snow.   My mini diorama with snow. EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 9:15 pm

Hey!
This is my small diorama. The main subject is ZiL-131 from the Ukrainian firm ICM. I made a vehicle about 1 week and diorama 1-2 days. I made snow so: Baking soda + white acryle + water + glue. And photos:
My mini diorama with snow. Dsc00710
My mini diorama with snow. Dsc00711
My mini diorama with snow. Dsc00712
My mini diorama with snow. Dsc00713
Back to top Go down
Minsk94
Admin
Admin
Minsk94

PostSubject: Re: My mini diorama with snow.   My mini diorama with snow. EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 4:38 am

I admire you trying such difficult subject as a snow! Especially in braille scale! But... there are several "buts":
1. I wouldn't call it "a diorama" for one reason - there is nothing going on. Diorama usually has some narrative in it, some kind of a story, or a plot. Here is just a model with a little "stand".
2. It doesn't look like a snow much to me. More like some white "dirt" was dumped and smeared all over it. Try to look around and take pictures of snowy vehicles for your own reference. Try to notice where the snow usually get stuck. And what it looks like.
Maybe the model looks fine in a real life, but while being enlarged on the photo, it allows all the problems to be visible.

Again, everything I wrote above is my own opinion. IMHO - as long as you like what you do and see ways to improve - that is what counts.
If anyone knows about this topic more than I do, I hope I will be corrected.
Back to top Go down
https://scaleworld.board-directory.net
Vorobey

PostSubject: Re: My mini diorama with snow.   My mini diorama with snow. EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Thanks, Minsk!
1. Ok. I will be call it stand now Smile
2. I made snow first time, so I knew about my mistakes.
About last sentense, I think you are right, thanks for criticism.
Back to top Go down
tankking

PostSubject: Re: My mini diorama with snow.   My mini diorama with snow. EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 3:27 pm

It looks like the truck is in Wisconsin. IT looks good for a first time "snow job" Keep up the good work, Keep modeling
Back to top Go down
Vorobey

PostSubject: Re: My mini diorama with snow.   My mini diorama with snow. EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 4:25 pm

Thanks, Tankking.
Can you put your works?
Back to top Go down
kforce

kforce

PostSubject: Re: My mini diorama with snow.   My mini diorama with snow. EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:01 pm

I am yet to try my first snow diorama, criticism is always a means of learning Minsk, so I am hoping for some when I post some photographs. As for activity on a diorama, what is your opinion on sound modules and motorized movement?
Back to top Go down
kforce

kforce

PostSubject: Re: My mini diorama with snow.   My mini diorama with snow. EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:09 pm

I am yet to try my first snow diorama, criticism is always a means of learning Minsk, so I am hoping for some when I post some photographs. As for activity on a diorama, what is your opinion on sound modules and motorized movement? Nice attempt Vorobey, I would suggest a 1:35 scale for diorama building as it allows for much more detail input. It is difficult for me in ZA to acquire certain figurines and models so I started building on 1:72 scale and I am forced to improvise with my props.
Back to top Go down
kforce

kforce

PostSubject: Re: My mini diorama with snow.   My mini diorama with snow. EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 7:31 pm

My work can be viewed on photo bucket - kforce73
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My mini diorama with snow.   My mini diorama with snow. Empty

Back to top Go down

My mini diorama with snow.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE WORLD OF SCALE :: Models by Types :: Dioramas-
Jump to: